Crafts and Technology
- To nurture students into thinkers, innovators, and contributors.
Giving back to the Community :
- Collaboration with PAssionArt (Secondary 2/3 Art) to spruce up the community with Artwork as well as co-organising community events
- Working with Pacific Activity Centre (Secondary 2 Food & Consumer Education) through Service Learning, and
- Designing with a Purpose (Secondary 3 Design & Technology) through designing and making toys for the needy child
Craft and technology subjects are aligned to the 21st Century Competencies required by students to be thinkers, innovators and contributors. Through coursework, students are exposed to thinking and innovation techniques such as project management, art awareness and appreciation, nutrition planning, problems identification, research, decision making, empathy and safety consciousness so that they are able to contribute to the community.
- The department uses technologies to engage students like 3D Pen for art sculpturing and 3D prototyping for D&T, as well as Virtual Reality in Art.
- Awarded MOE D&T Awards in Creative Innovation (Tan Jia Jin, 2016) and Creative Adaptation (Wu Jiajun, 2018)