- To develop students into competent communicators of English Language.
- To inculcate in students the love and appreciation for English Language and Literature
- Infusing Drama into Secondary 1 English / Literature curriculum: To impart in students the right skills and values to speak confidently and expressively in front of an audience by integrating the explicit teaching of oral communication and presentation skills, and drama performance skills.
- Secondary 3E/NA Inter-class Debate Competition: To develop students’ critical reasoning and persuasion skills in both oral communication and writing of argumentative essays.
- Writers’ Circle: To develop students’ passion for English and help them to discover the relevance of English Language to the real world through authentic learning platforms.
- Literature Rap Collaboration with Music Department : To provide students with opportunities to showcase their creativity and ideas while deepening their understanding of their Literature texts.
- Diorama (student-run newsletter): Students from Writers’ Circle attended a Journalism Workshop conducted by teachers which equipped them with journalism skills. Guided by their teacher mentors, they were immersed in an authentic learning experience by conducting interviews and writing news stories for the school.
- National Schools’ Literature Festival: Secondary Two and Three students participated in the National Schools’ Literature Festival and received third placing for the Book Trailer.
- Collaboration with Yishun Junior College Debate Club to train students in critical debate skills
- Our students have also been enriched in their learning of the English language through their participation in the following:
- Secondary Three Debates
- National Schools’ Literature Festival Choral Reading
- National Schools’ Literature Festival Book Trailer
- Secondary One Drama Tableau
- Debate Training at Yishun Junior College