Applied Learning Programme (ALP)
In YSS, Sonic Arts involves Music, Media and Technology. This interdisciplinary field encompasses:
- Music Technology (ICT Music Tools)
- Music Composition
- Sound Design
- Recording Arts
- Video Creation / Editing (Media)
Applied Learning Programme aims too:
- Provide every child the opportunity to be a contributor, thinker and an innovator through the learning and making of music using ICT and technology.
- Expose all students to Sonic Arts and ignite their passion in this discipline regardless of age and background.
Students are given opportunities to:
- Acquire skills to create and present or perform using music, media and technology.
- Develop character and values through arts participation.
- Develop awareness of real-life applications and real world situations in specific aspects in the areas of music, media and technology.
- Video Editing Workshop (Adobe Premier Pro): Aperture Club
- Recording Studio Experience at SoMA: AVA Club
- Sound & Stage! Workshop: AVA Club
- Sports & Artz Carnival: Student-run Concert by Sec 4T1
- Music Arrangement Workshop for AVA Students
- Partnership with Red Roof Records (Attachment for Concert)
- Music Technology Performance at Esplanade Recital Studio (SYF)