Goal : To develop effective and confident communicators with a love of reading and a passion for discovery
- Infusing Drama into Secondary 1 Literature curriculum: To impart in students the right skills and values to speak confidently and expressively in front of an audience by integrating the explicit teaching of oral communication and presentation skills, and drama performance skills.
- Secondary 1 Storyteller Showcase : To provide students with the platform to engage in public speaking
- Secondary 2 JoLLIE presentations : To empower students with the persuasive skills to present their solutions for a real-world problem in order to convince a panel of judges
- Secondary 3E/NA Inter-class Debate Competition: To develop students’ critical reasoning and persuasion skills in both oral communication and writing of argumentative essays
- Secondary 4/5 Oral Conferencing : To equip students with content knowledge and kindle their interest in current issues so that they can engage in informed discussions
- Literature Rap Collaboration with Music Department : To provide students with opportunities to showcase their creativity and ideas while deepening their understanding of their Literature texts.
- EL Reading Programme: To instil a love for reading in every student by providing them with the platform to engage in reading through a school-wide programme to help students develop a strong foundation in rich language and stay abreast of current news and trends.
Highlights / Achievements :
- Diorama (student-run newsletter): Guided by their teacher mentors, students were immersed in an authentic learning experience by conducting interviews and writing news stories for the school as well as through submitting original and creative work for publication.
- National Schools’ Literature Festival: Secondary Two and Three students participated in the National Schools’ Literature Festival, receiving third placing for the Book Trailer and winning in their Debate category.
- Our students have also been enriched in their learning of the English language through their participation in the Sec 1 Storyteller Showcase and the Sec Three Debates Assembly Showcase.