- To engage students in the learning of Humanities so that they can excel academically and develop morally to be useful citizens in society
- Historical Investigation Learning Journey: To enable our students to inquire about an authentic historical issue and develop skills and attitudes to work individually and collaboratively.
- Geographical Investigation Learning Journey: To allow our students to analyse a geographical issue through fieldwork and develop skills and attitudes to work individually and collaboratively.
- Humanities Week: To immerse our students in activities that would provoke critical thinking of current affairs and develop empathetic understanding of real world issues.
- POA Experiential Learning: To enhance our students’ learning through observations of retail operations and authentic application of the subject in the real world.
- NUS Geography Challenge: To engage, empower and educate students on global issues and highlight the omnipresence of Geography in our everyday lives.
NUS Geo Challenge 2019: We were represented by the following students :
- Tam Su Xin of 4E5
- Yeo Yong Wen of 4E5
- Freddy Chen You Ren of 4E5
- Kenneth Alvarez of 4E8
Three of them received individual awards which comprised of the following:
- Gold Award (Top 10%): Freddy Chen 4E5
- Silver Award (Next 15%): Tam Su Xin 4E5
- Bronze Award (Next 15%): Kenneth Alvarez 4E8
NUS Geo Challenge 2018 : The following Yishun Sec students of the 2018 batch have been selected for the 2019 Geography National Team based on their stellar performance in the 2018 NUS Geo challenge.
- Ong Jing Xuan Celest, currently studying at Anderson Serangoon Junior College
- Vanessa Kua Jing Yi, currently studying at Anderson Serangoon Junior College
- Kang Kiat Meng, currently studying at Anderson Serangoon Junior College