To develop students’ numeracy skills through logical reasoning, communicating and applications of concepts in the real life and to achieve our department vision of every student will excel and appreciate Mathematics.
- Teachers explored innovative ways to make learning of math meaningful. They have provided varied learning experiences for the students during and after FBHL. Google classroom/folder, recorded lessons and thinking tools in SLS lessons allowed teachers to check students’ learning and give timely feedback.
- Hands-on activities were designed for NT and NA to help visualise areas of geometric shapes, they measured the length of their hands and feet to learn ratio. Students investigate concepts using freeware Geogebra and DESMO, they were excited to share their findings, upload their working online and use scratch cards to check their understanding.
- All Singapore Secondary Mathematics Competition For Normal Course Students 2020 : This online competition sought to stimulate greater interest and enrich students’ knowledge in Mathematics and provided an opportunity for Sec 1 Normal students to showcase their talent in mathematical knowledge and skills through solving competition questions.
- Singapore and Asian School Math Olympiad (SASMO) 2020:
Our teachers trained students from Sec 1E, 2E and 3E virtually. The competition allowed them to learn independently and stretch their thinking skills in non-routine questions. We have clinched 5 Sliver and 4 Bronze Awards.
Highlights / Achievements:
- All Singapore Secondary Mathematics Competition for Normal Course Students 2020
- won Top five in the Individual Category and first in Team Category from Sec 1 Normal Academic.
Class Student Name Award 1N1 POON YU YI Top Individual and Team Category 1N1 OH RUI YI Top Individual and Team Category 1N1 IZSAHQILA BINTE ISMAIL Top Individual and Team Category
- SASMO Competition Silver and Bronze Awardees
Class Student Name Award 1E1 CHUA CHENG ZHI, JULIUS SILVER 1E1 TAN QI YANG BRONZE 2E1 CHAN KAI NOK SILVER 2E1 NICHOLAS NG SILVER 2E1 SOON YU LUN SILVER 3E1 JOSHUA ISAAC KADIR SILVER 3E1 CHEN BO JIN BRONZE 3E2 APAT ARON ABECIA BRONZE 3E2 NURSYAFAWATI BINTE NORAZHAR BRONZE
- AI-enabled Adaptive Learning system (in 2019): Sec 1 students were involved in 4-day AI-enabled Adaptive Learning system for self-paced learning of Algebra. Students learned the related concepts by answering questions and engaging with the instructional videos and resources recommended by the system. These recommendations were made based on the students’ level of understanding of specific concepts. The students benefitted most from the immediate feedback and personalisation of learning provided by the AI-enabled Adaptive Learning system. The system provided students with targeted learning materials, feedback and questions to help them bridge their learning gaps.
- More details here: