- To develop students’ numeracy skills through logical reasoning, communicating and applications of concepts in the real life and to achieve our department vision of every student will excel and appreciate Mathematics.
- To develop every student into a learner who will excel and appreciate Mathematics.
- EMITS Day: To develop Secondary 1 students’ understanding of the multidisciplinary nature of English Language, Science, Mathematics and IT in relation to the real world.
- Kite Making: Derived from TLLM project based on constructivist approach in geometry where students explore concepts through kite making.
- Math Trail @ Garden by the Bay: Designed by teachers using iPads.
- Statistics Projects (Lower sec)
- Code for fun (Lower sec)
- Peer Tutoring: To allow students to communicate mathematically and reinforce their understanding through coaching and learning from their peers.
- Journal Writing: For students to reflect on their process of learning.
- Math Modeling: Students learn to tackle questions by stating assumptions, using and interpreting data in problem-solving.
- The use of ICAN principles in the teaching of low achievers in Mathematics.
- The use of flipped classroom approach in the teaching of Mathematics.
Highlights / Achievements:
- We would like to congratulate the following students for their achievements: