- To develop students to be physically competent, active and healthy individuals in mind
- Game and sports modules in PE lessons
- Co-curricular sports activities
- Weight management programme
- Sports enrichment programmes
- Sports and ArTz Carnival: Our staff and students engaged in different sports and arts activities with the goal of developing a healthy and holistic lifestyle.
- Secondary 2 Camp: Our students took part in activities such as kayaking, tree-climbing and varied team bonding activities. Students’ not only fostered stronger team spirit, they also discovered their true potential.
- YSS Amazing Race: Facilitated by teachers and student leaders from Prefectorial board and other CCAs, this race around Yishun developed in students the school values of respect, integrity and resilience.
- KISS (Keep in Shape through Sports) Camp: To equip students who are overweight with the skill set and mindset to lose weight progressively and through healthy means by learning from coaches from Sports Singapore and Republic Polytechnic on how to lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
- HPB Inter-School Challenge (8th position)
- To provide opportunities for students to discover and hone their interests and talents
- To develop in students the values and competencies that will prepare them for a rapidly changing world
- To foster social integration and deepen students’ sense of belonging, commitment and sense of responsibility to the school, community and nation
SYF Presentations 2015
- Certificates of Distinction: English Drama, Band, Choir, Malay Dance & Indian Dance
- Certificate of Accomplishment: Guzheng & Chinese Dance
Singapore International Band Festival 2016
- Bronze Award: Symphonic Band
International Chinese Instrumental Competition
- Silver Award: Guzheng
Sports & Games:
National Inter-Schools competitions
- National Quarter-Finals: Speak Takraw (‘B’ & ‘C’ Division Boys)
Best Unit Competitions
- Gold Award: NCC (Land), Girl Guides, SJBS & NPCC
- Bronze Award: Boys Brigade
SJBS’ Chief Commissioner’s Badge
- SJBS cadets
Clubs and Societies:
Yishun Town Co-Space Challenge 2016
- First and Second positions: Robotics Club