Citizenship and Character Education
- To equip every student with the values, social and emotional competencies, and citizenship competencies to be caring, good and useful citizens
- Structured Character & Citizenship Education (CCE) lessons, Pastoral Guidance lessons & School-Based CCE programmes: To enable our students to learn and attain the learning outcomes (LOs) of CCE.
- Values in Action programme : To support our students’ development as socially responsible citizens who contribute meaningfully to the community.
- National Education Commemorative Events and learning Journeys: To develop national cohesion, cultivate the instinct for survival as a nation and instil in our students, confidence in our nation’s future.
- Sexuality Education Programme: To help our students develop a moral compass, respect for themselves and others, by having positive values and attitudes about sexuality.
- Cyberwellness Programme: To educate our students to take a safe and responsible approach in using cyberspace by demonstrating ‘Respect for Self and others’.
- Education & Career Guidance: To equip our students with the necessary knowledge, skills and values to make informed decisions on post-secondary education and career pathways.
Highlights / Achievements:
A wide array of learning platforms and experiences are brought to our students to collectively build our students’ character and citizenship. Our department provides opportunities for our students to transfer their learning and to put good values and skills into action. This facilitates the internalisation of good values and skills which are critical to character and citizenship development. The key highlights for the year include:
- Stronger Together Activities: The myriad of activities which rallied Yishunites to pay tribute to frontliners, Foreign workers and many more. Students showed their appreciation and support to one another by preparing Care Packages, notes and videos of appreciation pledging to stand together during a challenging phase this year.
- Care & Support programmes for students: Our students were involved in projects that spread kindness and support to one another. Our Singapore Kindness Movement Ambassadors led these projects and brought much warmth to the school population.
Our school also received the following awards:
- North-West CDC Partners Award (Silver) in recognition of our school’s efforts in serving the community
- Singapore Kindness Movement Award 2019 – Certificate of Participation (11 Years)
Sec 2 VIA Project 2020