Citizenship and Character Education
- To equip every student with the values, social and emotional competencies, and citizenship competencies to be caring, good and useful citizens
- Structured Character & Citizenship Education (CCE) lessons, Pastoral Guidance lessons & School-Based CCE programmes: To enable our students to learn and attain the learning outcomes (LOs) of CCE.
- Values in Action programme : To support our students’ development as socially responsible citizens who contribute meaningfully to the community.
- National Education Commemorative Events and learning Journeys: To develop national cohesion, cultivate the instinct for survival as a nation and instil in our students, confidence in our nation’s future.
- Sexuality Education Programme: To help our students develop a moral compass, respect for themselves and others, by having positive values and attitudes about sexuality.
- Cyberwellness Programme: To educate our students to take a safe and responsible approach in using cyberspace by demonstrating ‘Respect for Self and others’.
- Education & Career Guidance: To equip our students with the necessary knowledge, skills and values to make informed decisions on post-secondary education and career pathways.
Highlights / Achievements:
A wide array of learning platforms and experiences are brought to our students to collectively build our students’ character and citizenship. Our department provides opportunities for our students to transfer their learning and to put good values and skills into action. This facilitates the internalisation of good values and skills which are critical to character and citizenship development. The key highlights for the year include:
- Dialogue Session with Minister for Home Affairs & Minister for Law, Mr K. Shanmugam: This session raised greater awareness on pressing issues in Singapore.
- Caring Hearts Carnival: Our students hosted beneficiaries from various organisations to celebrate our school’s 30th anniversary.
Our school also received the following awards:
- North-West CDC Partners Award (Silver) in recognition of our school’s efforts in serving the community
- Singapore Kindness Movement Award 2015 – Certificate of Participation (6 Years)